Wednesday, October 20, 2010

Waiting On Wednesday (7)

Waiting on Wednesday is a weekly meme hosted by Breaking the Spine.  It is a great way to draw attention to those books not yet released but well awaited. 


Here is my Seventh Edition of Waiting on Wednesday and it's a bit bigger!  I couldn't help myself.  There are just too many awesome books I am dying to get my hands on!


I picked a few books out this week that I actually did a blind search for... a few books I haven't really heard much about- if anything at all. 



The Romeo and Juliet Code by Phoebe Stone
Releases January 01, 2011
Published by Arthur A. Levine Books

Phoebe Stone, author of the sleeper hit DEEP DOWN POPULAR, is back with a middle-grade code-breaking mystery full of romance and excitement. Think CHASING VERMEER meets THE SECRET GARDEN!
Felicity's glamorous parents have a secret. When they leave her with distant relatives in Maine, Felicity hopes they won't leave her long. Her new Uncle Gideon hides things. Her Aunt Miami is star-crossed. And Derek, a kid her age, refuses to leave his room.

But Felicity needs Derek's help. Gideon is getting coded letters from Felicity's parents, and she's sure they're in trouble. Can Felicity crack the code, heal the family and save her parents, all while surviving her first crush? It's a tall order, but - like THE SECRET GARDEN'S Mary Lennox before her - Felicity's up for the challenge.



Playing Hurt by Holly Schindler
Releases March 01, 2011
Published by Flux


Star basketball player Chelsea "Nitro" Keyes had a full ride to college—and everyone's admiration back home. Then she took a horrible fall during senior year. Now a metal plate holds her together and she feels like a stranger in her own family.

That summer, Chelsea's dad hires Clint, a nineteen-year-old ex-hockey player and "boot camp" trainer, to work with her at a northern Minnesota lake resort. As they grow close, Chelsea finds that Clint's haunted by his own tragedy. Will their romance end up hurting them all over again—or finally heal their heartbreak?


So those are this weeks W.O.W picks.  I am absolutely Dying to read both, especially the book by Holly Schindler.  Has anyone seen her debut novel?  I found that today- and it will be going in my WOPD post tomorrow.  "A Blue So Dark."


[You can click the covers of the books to be taken to their Goodreads page]


What is it you are waiting on?

2 comments:

  1. Nice picks. I'm curious as to the palying hurt book also.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Don't you love it when you have so many good choices??!! Thanks for participating!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to comment, I love comments! Make sure to follow my blog if you like it. Also, make sure to leave a link to your blog so I can return the favor.