Thursday, December 30, 2010

The Fab List: 2010 Releases

The Fab List:
2010 Releases

These are just a few 2010 releases that I highly recommend to you.  Some are by debut authors and some are the work of veterans. A last minute add (read) actually  Either way, these 2010 releases have made my Fab List despite maybe not receiving a 5 star review.

Fab List Top Five-ish of 2010
(in no particular order... one-ish for each month I've been officially blogging)
Note this "-ish"  Sometimes there is no way to number fabulousness.

Forget You by Jennifer Echols
July 20, 2010
MTV Books

Why Read It: Completely Hot and fabulously REAL!  Jennifer Echols definitely doesn't hold back.








Nevermore by Kelly Creagh
August 31, 2010
Atheneum
|Goodreads| |Amazon| |Website| |My Review| 


Why Read It: Totally one-of-a-kind and hauntingly extraordinary.  This story and characters have totally stuck with me. 








Tell Me a Secret by Holly Cupula
June 22, 2010
Harper Collins

Why Read It:  Amazingly raw and heart wrenching.









Sing Me to Sleep  by Angela Morrison
March  4, 2010
Razorbill

Why Read It:    A tragically, beautiful tear-jerker which had me vested from the get go.  This is another book that has followed me around.  I purchased it as a NookBook (e-book)  but I will soon be looking for a hard copy.  I have to have this in print.




The Iron King + The Iron Daughter by Julie Kagawa
February 1, 2010 + August 1, 2010

Why Read It: Absolutely, one hundred percent, magical and unforgettable.  I just love the characters, even those who maybe I shouldn't.  



Shade by Jeri Smith-Ready 
May 04, 2010
Simon Pulse

Why Read It:  Beautifully dark and freakishly fascinating.  Jeri Smith-Ready roped me in on the very first page with a plot that wasn't one tracked or one sided.   A unique read with a little bit of everything thrown in.   






If I Stay by Gayle Forman
April 09, 2009/April 06, 2010 *
Speak
|Goodreads| |Amazon| |Website| |My Review|

Why Read It: You know, this was originally released in 2009 but the paperback came on in 2010, which is why I let this make my list.  Beyond that, this book was amazing and I couldn't not let it count ;-)  I was crying by page 22 and couldn't set it down.  It was intense and heart breaking all at the same time soothing.  






Honorable Mention:

Here are a few (or more!) books I read and highly enjoyed.

Forgive My Fins |Goodreads| |Amazon|
Jekel Loves Hyde  |Goodreads| |Amazon| |My Review|
Chasing Brooklyn |Goodreads| |Amazon|

 

Rules of Attraction |Goodreads| |Amazon|
Winter Longing |Goodreads| |Amazon|
The Mermaid's Mirror |Goodreads| |Amazon| |My Review|



Hex Hall |Goodreads| |Amazon| |My Review|
I Kissed a Zombie and I Liked It |Goodreads| |Amazon| |My Review|



Here are a few books I have yet to read but come HIGHLY recommended according to the blogosphere and some are already sitting in my TBR pile and others are at the top of my TBB (to be bought) list.

Anna & the French Kiss |Goodreads| |Amazon| 
The Clearing |Goodreads| |Amazon|  


Personal Demons |Goodreads| |Amazon|


2 comments:

  1. I have Forget You and If I Stay sitting on my kitchen table now! They are definitely going to be read soon :-)

    I really liked Nevermore too. I thought it was a nice twist on the usual paranormal romance we tend to read about.

    Nice list!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Loved your list! It dangerously added a few titles to my ever-growing Amazon Wish List though. Eek! ;)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to comment, I love comments! Make sure to follow my blog if you like it. Also, make sure to leave a link to your blog so I can return the favor.