Thursday, December 30, 2010

End of 2010 Survey

A fellow (favorite) blogger, Jamie at The Perpetual Page Turner, posted this on her blog for people to take part in.  Because of Blogger's eternal hate for me I am just now getting to this.  I know I posted The Fab List: 2010 Releases but I figured with it being the end of the year I'm allowed to over indulge in my favorites of the year.

So READ ON if you want a little more insight to what made reading this year so great!



-------
1. Best book of 2010? 
There were so many! Check out my Fab List for more but I'd have to say I adored Forget YouSing Me to SleepNevermore and If I Stay.  Illyria. (This considering no 2011 releases which I have already read.)


Forget You  Sing Me to Sleep Nevermore If I Stay Illyria
2. Worst book of 2010?  Sadly, I had a few DNFs this year BUT that was purely because the book didn't fit me.  The writing wasn't terrible, the plot wasn't a mess.....it is like that old saying "It not you.  It's me."

3. Most Disappointing Book of 2010? 
I would have to say  Vixen.  I know *GASP.*  I LOVE the roaring 20's but I just couldn't stand any of the characters.  Also, Crescendo by Becca Fitzpatrick.  I wanted to love it, I love Patch and the premise but the main character just killed it for me. She was too needy and whiny.  

4. Most surprising (in a good way!) book of 2010? 
Illyria.  I read so many not-so-great reviews on this book I was worried but I truly adored it.  
5. Book you recommended to people most in 2010? 
ShadeThe Mermaid's MirrorThe Iron KingThe Iron DaughterSing Me to Sleep


Shade The Mermaid's Mirror  The Iron King (Harlequin Teen) The Iron Daughter (Harlequin Teen) 
6. Best series you discovered in 2010? 
The Hunger Games.  The covers of the books really turned me off.  Plus, I'm one of those people who tends to stay away from all of the hype.  When Mockingjay came out I decided I would give it a go.  I was pleasantly surprised. Also The Summer I Turned Pretty, I just really loved the first two books and can't wait for the third.


The Hunger Games: Book 1 The Summer I Turned Pretty
7. Favorite new authors you discovered in 2010?  
Holly Schindler, Jeri Smith-Ready, Elizabeth Hand, Kelly Creagh, Tera Lynn Childs, Jenny Han, Cynthia Hand

8. Most hilarious read of 2010?  
I thought I Kissed A Zombie and I Liked It offered some great parody like moments and comic relief at times.   Forgive My Fins  had some *Fintastic* slang in it that had me giggling.  I KNOW I am missing a few big ones here.  I laughed so hard I cried reading a few books. 


I Kissed a Zombie, and I Liked It Forgive My Fins
9. Most thrilling, unputdownable book in 2010?  
Once I picked up The Hunger Games I never put it down.  Though, I didn't put down Sing Me to SleepNevermoreThe Iron King or Shade either.

10. Book you most anticipated in 2010? 
Entice by Carrie Jones.  I found myself drumming my fingers for this book.  I am now drumming my fingers for the fourth book in the series.  I just really love the the story, the characters and how it reads!   . Also, Clockwork Angel .
Clockwork Angel (The Infernal Devices, Book 1)


11. Favorite cover of a book you read in 2010? 
I'd say If I Stay.  And Wither. And Unearthly. Oh and Entice.

If I Stay Wither (The Chemical Garden Trilogy) Unearthly Entice. by Carrie Jones


12. Most memorable character in 2010? 
Katniss from The Hunger Games.  Astley from Entice. Tucker from Unearthly. Derek from Sing Me to Sleep.  Puck from The Iron King. Zackary from Shade. Varen from Nevermore.  There were really so, so many.  Every one of them etched into my mind for a different reason.

13. Most beautifully written book in 2010? 
Sing Me to Sleep and Nevermore.  Not only was the writing beautiful but the stories were beautiful too.

14. Book that had the greatest impact on you in 2010? 
Wow.  This is a booger of a question. If I Stay.  Winter Longing.  Wither.  The Hunger Games. Each of these books were equally tragic, heart breaking and hopeful all at the same time.   

15. Book you can't believe you waited UNTIL 2010 to finally read? 
 If I StayThe Hunger Games  'Nuff said.  Not much explanation is needed.

 
I noticed that there is a huge trend with this survey! I can't help it!  There were some great books I came across this year.  There were so many more as well.  I guess that is the downfall of being a book lover.  Even more, 2011 is already promising to be bigger!  

3 comments:

  1. You have awesome books! I've been wanting to read Nevermore! I LOVED If I Stay! I haven't heard a lot about Illyria, but I'm glad you liked it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So fun to read your responses. I hadn't heard of Illyria yet, so I'll have to go check it out. Happy 2011!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great post. I haven't read Hunger Games but have heard a lot about it - I'll put it on my TBR list for 2011. I tend to be the tortois and not the hare . . .
    Ann

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to comment, I love comments! Make sure to follow my blog if you like it. Also, make sure to leave a link to your blog so I can return the favor.