Thursday, February 17, 2011

February Special: Book Blogger Love (3)


In the spirit of Valentines Day, during the month of February I will be introducing you to some of our newest fellow bloggers and some of my favs.

Today we have Katie of Call Me Crazy on the blog!  
----------







Name: Katie
Twitter: @CallMeCrazy04 







I've had a love for books since as long as I can remember. My first memory is sitting on a couch frantically pointing at Mr. Brown Can Moo by Dr. Seuss while my parents read to me. So pretty much since birth I've had a book planted in front of me and my head in the clouds. Being almost 18 years old and loving to read definitely shocks most people. Thanks to modern times, society expects me to go jamming with my groovy posse on weekends while attending psychedelic parties in our far out bell bottoms. (Teenagers talk like that still, right?) If you haven't guessed by now, I'm the farthest thing from an average teenager, and not just because I like to read!


I'm a first year home schooler in my senior year of high school. Yes I was aware that I only had one year left. The main reaction from people is Why in the world would someone decide to home school in their senior year of high school? Well the answer is simple: Bullies. My patience was running low with rude people and I got tired of smacking people upside the head with my hefty books... kidding! Home schooling is the greatest decision I had ever made and have never been happier! It gives me more time to read and blog! Yes!


Since I was a total outcast from age 6 on, I found my friends in books! During recess I'd sit at the edge of the cornfield and read The Boxcar Children until I'd be called back out of my fantasy world and back into my sucky reality. Don't get me wrong though, I absolutely adored my blissful book world! Then when I hit fifth grade I was reading at a high school level so I started venturing into the young adult genre and fell in love! I was totally obsessed with the kooky Mia from The Princess Diaries and was drooling all over Micheal! I've always drifted more towards the YA books with star crossed lovers, like Simone Elkeles' Perfect Chemistry series or Personal Demons by Lisa Desrochers, but I also love dystopians like Delirium (a.k.a my obsession!)


So you're probably wondering how I came across the wickedly awesome YA Book Blog-o-sphere, right? Well one day I was searching for a review of Evermore by Alyson Noel and came across Justine's blog, a bookful of thoughts. I immediately fell in love with her blog and made it a daily habit to go on and check what was posted. Then I expanded my love of blogs and made an account for following only, because I was so afraid to get my opinions out in the internet world. Luckily in September I was getting tired of being so quiet and started to actually post on my blog! Since then I haven't looked back and I'm loving every minute of it!


Thank you so much for having me Stacey! You rock!

-----
Thanks Katie for stopping by!  I adore your blog and for those of you reading this, if you haven't already, don't forget to check out Katie's blog.

Don't forget to check out to check back next week, same day, for the last Book Blogger Love Special!


Photobucket

1 comment:

  1. Ahhh! Katie! I'm lovin this post!


    BTW Stacey, I finally got around to stealing your blog button! :-)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to comment, I love comments! Make sure to follow my blog if you like it. Also, make sure to leave a link to your blog so I can return the favor.