Wednesday, February 23, 2011

Waiting On Wednesday (12) : The Bloomsbury Edition

Waiting on Wednesday is a weekly meme hosted by Breaking the Spine.  It is a great way to draw attention to those books not yet released but well awaited.


Here is my Twelfth Edition of Waiting on Wednesday!  This is something I decided to do only every other Wednesday to make room for my new feature Whatcha Think About Wednesday.  Because of this, I have decided to give each WOW a theme and to show you at least two books.



Waiting On Wednesday: The Bloomsbury Edition

In The Shadow of the Lamp by Susanne Dunlap
Release Date: April 12 2011

It's 1854 and sixteen-year-old Molly would give anything to change her circumstances as a lowly servant in a posh London house. So when she hears of an opportunity to join the nurses who will be traveling with Florence Nightingale to the Crimea, she jumps at the chance. The work is grueling, the hospital conditions deplorable, and Miss Nightingale a demanding teacher. Before long, the plight of British soldiers becomes more than just a mission of mercy as Molly finds that she's falling in love with both a dashing young doctor and a soldier who has joined the army to be near her. But with the battle raging ever nearer, can Molly keep the two men she cares for from harm? A love story to savor, and a fascinating behind-the-scenes imagining of the woman who became known as "the lady with the lamp."




Small Town Sinners by Melissa Walker
Release Date: July 19, 2011
|Author Blog|


The story of Lacey Anne Byers, a small town girl who is excited to star in Hell House, her church's annual haunted house of sin, until a childhood friend reappears and makes her question her faith.
























So What are you Waiting On?







Photobucket

6 comments:

  1. I love the name of Small Town Sinners and the cover! And the description sounds good too! Both are great choices! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am waiting on Darkness Becomes her! I have read a review about it and am totally pining for it. In The Shadow Of the Lamp sounds good to!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Small Town Sinners looks like such a good read. I can't wait for this one to come out either!

    My WoW

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm looking forward to Small Town Sinners as well!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love the cover of Small Town Sinners - it sounds great too!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Gotta say the title "In The Shadow of the Lamp" is a pretty awesome title and might just read this book because of that title but this isn't really the type of book I read. Small Town Sinners though sounds like something I might have to read.

    Sandy
    My WoW

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to comment, I love comments! Make sure to follow my blog if you like it. Also, make sure to leave a link to your blog so I can return the favor.