Monday, April 25, 2011

The Fab List: Jan - March 2011 Noteworthy Picks

The Fab List:
Jan-Mar 2011 Noteworthy Picks

These are just a few January-March 2011 releases that I highly recommend to you.  Some are by debut authors and some are the work of veterans. These 2011 releases have made my Fab List despite maybe not receiving a 5 star review.  And I fully plan on seeing which of these books make the Top 11 of 2011 Fab List which I'll do at the end of the year.

The Water Wars by Cameron Stracher
January 01, 2011
Sourcebooks Fire
|Goodreads| |Amazon| |Website| |My Review|

Why Read It:  Totally different.  I couldn't put it down despite the fact I was really reluctant to read this book to begin with.  It was totally different and really scary to think about.  A great eye opening book.  



Unearthly by Cynthia Hand
January 04, 2011
Harper Teen

Why Read It:  I absolutely adored Clara, Christian and Tucker.    Beyond the characters, the story was brilliant and beautiful.  I adored it! 





Timeless by Alexandra Monir
January 11, 2011
Delacorte Books for Young Readers
|Goodreads| |Amazon| |Website| |My Review|

Why Read It:  Stunning Characters and Stunning Story!  I didn't put this one down and when I read the words at the end, "To Be Continued..." I couldn't help but squeal.  This is a must read.



The Iron Queen by Julie Kagawa
January 25, 2011
Harlequin Teen
|Goodreads| |Amazon| |Website| |My Review|

Why Read It:  Meghan, Ash, Puck... GLITCH! Need I say more?  *Swoon*  Julie Kagawa made sure The Iron Queen was a fully involved book of adventure, friends, love (requited and unrequited), mystery, and all-things-fey.


The Vespertine by Saundra Mitchell
March 07, 2011
Harcourt Children's Books
|Goodreads| |Amazon| |Website| |My Review|

Why Read It:  Wow!  So amazing.  Magic.  Mystery.  Romance.  What more do you need beyond a beautifully written story?  




Wither by Lauren De Stefano
March 22, 2011
Simon & Schuster Children's Publishing|Goodreads| |Amazon| |Website| |My Review|
Why Read It:   Wow, Lauren sure didn't hold back on the dark theme's, deep rooted raw emotions, and a romance or tri-mance that totally pulls each and every which way.  This was my first dystopian, one of which sits beautiful on my shelf to show off the beautiful cover. 



A Few Honorable Mentions:

Exposed by Kimberly Marcus : A great verse read!  I had my doubt but Kimberly Marcus held nothing back!
Demonglass by Rachel Hawkins : Usually it is said #2 books fall flat in a series... There is no way this #2 will ever be said to have been the least favorite of the series.  I had no clue how much better this series could get, but it did!  
 

Wow!  I can't even begin to think how I'm going to pick a Top 11 of 2011 with all of these books!  I still have several books I am dying to read from the first quarter of the year. January and March were really bountiful months in the book community!

Check Back in July for the next 2011 Fab List, April-June.

1 comment:

  1. I haven't read Water Wars yet but it sounds great! I can't wait. :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to comment, I love comments! Make sure to follow my blog if you like it. Also, make sure to leave a link to your blog so I can return the favor.